It’s a snowy, stormy day outside and we’re practicing the Danish concept of Hygge. Visit www.TheParentingJunkie.com for a full list of winter gear featured in this video and more about the cool Pizza Game we played too.
Use the code: 15PJMYMAYUBOOTS to receive 15% off of regular priced items at www.MyMayu.com where I found these incredible boots for my kids.
Want a fun read? The Danish Way of Parenting http://amzn.to/2FB8BmK
Watch more like this?
Day in the Life (summer): https://youtu.be/id3DYiHr7VY
Quick House Tour: https://youtu.be/wMPLfTudGJM
Day in the Life (homeschooling): https://youtu.be/x2NBxw5cXkc
Why We Love Indoor Swings: https://youtu.be/c9P_e5MIlt0
My Top 10 Ways to Hygge Parenting
1. To me. Getting into the flow of art always makes for a playful relaxed atmosphere at home. Playing with sensorily stimulating materials like sand and imagining new worlds
2. Good music
3. And moving our bodies in ways that feel good feels great especially in the winter.
4. Eating yummy nutritious warm food like quinoa, sweet potatoes, fresh veg and string beans.
5. Taking a nap and watching a favorite show.
6. Playing games together.
7. Dressing up extra warm and enjoying the elements – remember no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong gear. For full list of gear, visit the blog post.
8. What could be more hygge than a fireplace, cup of vegan hot cocoa and some good books?
9. Sitting down together for a family meal is top hyyge in my book, plus my favorite – hot miso soup, udon noodles, and fresh veg
10. Some snuggling and reading before bedtime.
If you want to learn more about the Danes and their way of life, I highly recommend the fun read, “The Danish Way of Parenting”.